October 1, 2007

MISSIONS TRIP TO AFRICA

Dear Friends and Family ~

As some of you may already know, I'm getting ready to embark upon an exciting professional and personal adventure. I've been asked to be a part of a mission trip as the videographer, recording the events that take place with a camcorder. I've decided that if I'm going to travel half way around the world, I'm going to make a full-fledged documentary. In doing so, I'm seeking out your help, in whatever way you can provide it.

First and foremost, I'd like to have your prayers. I'm going to need them, as this will be a first of many things for me: first time off the North American Continent, first mission trip, and first documentary of my own. I have been blessed with a great job as a freelancer at an advertising agency, working specifically on documentary material... funny how God prepares us for the road ahead, well before we even realize it.

Second, for those of you in a position to do so, I'd really appreciate you! r financial support. This is a costly undertaking. Like most mission trips, it's pay-your-own- way. The airfare is the most expensive portion of this trip, what with the current state of affairs in Zimbabwe. Any support that you could manage would be greatly appreciated. There's no amount too small, or too big - that said, please don't give outside of your means.

Lastly, please share the news. Share this letter with others that you know, to help bring more awareness to a country and a continent that so badly needs help.

I will be participating in a Zimbabwe Mission Team from October 24 - November 7, with an option to extend the trip. Our group will be ministering to people in Bulawayo & Mtshabezi Mission, Zimbabwe. I am teaming up with a non-profit, faith-based, non-governmental organization (NGO) called Forgotten Voices International, which caters to children who have been orphaned by HIV and AIDS within the country. It is my goal with the documentary to better tell the stories of these children, the communities that are raising them, and the local leaders working to bring them all together. Their stories need to be heard, so that their plights and struggles might take root in others to spur them into action.

Zimbabwe is a country with an 80% unemployment rate, 7,000% inflation (and rising), and an alarming 37% HIV/AIDS infection rate. 1.3 million AIDS orphans live in Zimbabwe today; by 2009, that number will be at least 2 million.

The question is: are we brave and bold enough to step out of our comfortable lives in order to stand with people in need, simply because we can? Speaking for myself, I'm often too prideful when it comes to recognizing a need for and accepting help from others. It's truly a struggle for me to write this letter - but if I'm going to do this, then there is no other way. If you can help, I hope you will.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement,

Adam



If you'd like to support me financially in this endeavor, there are two ways you can do so:

1) You can make a contribution to WSEFC, the church partner for this trip, to cover the core expenses of my mission trip. Just complete the form that's attached to this letter and mail it back to WSEFC by October 24, 2007.

2) You can make a contribution to me directly, to help cover other expenses that are directly related to the trip. Any surplus will be forwarded directly to Forgotten Voices International/ WSEFC, our church partner for this trip.

If you would like to make a contribution, then please feel free to contact me directly for my contact information or for the WSEFC form mentioned above.

You can also donate via PayPal online (click on the "Donate" button bellow)






Thank you again. God Bless.

No comments: