October 9, 2007

2 Weeks Remaining

Last week the State Department updated a travel announcement about US citizens going to Zimbabwe. This is the first public announcement on Zim since July. While the State Department often is overly cautious with matters in Zimbabwe, according to our project leader and president of FVI (Forgotten Voices International), we are still taking this matter seriously and seeking to contact individuals inside the country in order to gain a better temperature of the situation. The following is an email sent out by Ryan Keith (President of FVI):

Essentially, at this point, State Department advised us to use caution and assess the risks. They simply pointed us to the alert and the woman was very kind. She said if we must come, come and enjoy our stay. :) But she did say that the brief was compiled by her office, so what I've read is what she has to say. Far more polite than that. A really nice American woman.

I only talked with Danisa Ndlovu, the BIC Bishop. He said we should come without question. I was unable to get ahold of anyone else all day after hours and hours of trying. I received an email from Warren King, a friend of ours and a Pastor in Bulawayo. He was simply saying to me that we have a place come and stay. More admin stuff than any travel warnings. I have not been able to reconnect with him.

So...the news out of Zim is bad, but only have heard from Danisa. Trevor, [travel coordinator] has talked to the airlines and we have options. I'm not sure yet what those are. Don't panic. :) This is Africa. Trevor & I will circulate our recommendation for moving forward.

Thanks! Keep praying!
Best,
Ryan


This new news does not really cause me any extra worry or concern. If God calls me to travel to a section of the world where there might be danger, then so be it. This is His trip, not mine and thus I know that he goes before me to pave the way. It is in Psalm 91 that I take comfort and in His word I find truth that shatters all understanding... so pray but don't fear for my safety, for I am in good hands ;)

<")))><
adam





No comments: