November 12, 2007

There & Back Again

I'm sorry I have posted much about my trip frequent power outages and lack of internet connection make it difficult. But I'm back and have been for a few days. I have hit the ground running, NYC has a way of doing that to you, and am just now getting around to posting about my return. The pace of life is so starkly different here that it kinda took my by surprise and I was a bit overwhelmed. Its strange being state side after living life in such a different kinda way. If I had to sum up my trip in one word it would be "Life-changing." Its kinda hard to put into words all that transpired, I believe its still washing over me. To define a moment is difficult while your still in the moment... however I hope to soon be able to rationally articulate all that I experienced on my journey.

I will take the next few week to recount my steps and share my adventures. It will be strange to revisit Africa through all the images and video captured by my self and Krista Guenin, photographer who accompanied the team. I shot over 50 hours of video and she took some 8 - 10 thousand pictures. So now is when the real work begins. It will take some time for both of us to comb through everything and simply make heads and tails of our work, so please be patient. But I promise I will share photos and video as it becomes available.

Thank you all for your support, encouragement, prayers, and interest. It been a true comfort know that I wasn't alone in all this... thank you :)

<")))><
adam

1 comment:

Kimberly Davis said...

Hi Adam,
I can't wait to see/hear more about your trip.